Wednesday 8 February 2012

EFC Youth Advisory Group – Round Two!

After the success of last year’s Youth Advisory Group project we’re happy to announce that the 2012 iteration has begun! A group of seven young people form EFC’s new youth group and are currently working on producing a short film looking at pregnancy testing. We’ll be keeping you updated via Twitter and hopefully a few guest posts here from the Youth Advisors themselves!

For now, here are a few words from some of the group on why they joined the YAG and what they hope to get out of it:

''I joined YAG because I'm currently a student nurse and think it'd be good to learn a lot more about sexual health and abortion to help with my future career. I also thought it would be a good way to share my views on how sex education is taught in schools'' Hannah

“As someone coming from a background of no sex education, I joined YAG because I think that everyone should have the right kind of information to make the right choices in their lives” Namratha

“I have an interest in sexual health and teaching in general. I feel that young people have the right to accurate information on their sexual health”
Nataliah

No comments:

Post a Comment- Add yours!

We love to hear your comments. However, we don't approve the ones that attack EFC staff members or other commenters personally, or use discriminatory language, hate speech or offensive language, or are spam or clearly off topic. Thanks, and happy commenting!